Development of procurement infrastructure and interaction with suppliers
Effective interaction with suppliers is guaranteed by taking the following approaches:
- centralization of the procurement function at the level of Sberbank of Russia;
- a procedure for accrediting suppliers for the list of products most in demand, establishing additional requirements on reliability, work experience on the subject of the procurement and the reputation of the company;
- mandatory audit of the market value and the need for the procurement, to rule out economically inefficient expenditure or the misappropriation of funds;
- use of several stages for screening and assessing suppliers during the procurement of complex domestic products;
- use of the procurement form as a priority (auctions, quotations requests), which increase the transparency of procurement activities and reduce the risk of corruption in the actions of bank officials;
- transition to automation of procurement processes.
To monitor procurement activity at the Groupseparate divisions – procurement centers operate at Headquarters and the divisions of regional Banks.
In contracts with counterparties, Sberbank includes a special provision “Guarantees on the Prevention of Corruption in Procurement Activity”, which stipulates a fine for violations of established anti-corruption norms.
Instructions have been issued at the Bank’s divisions clarifying the procedure for the interaction of employees with third party counterparties and ethical rules of conduct.
Support of business events
Aware that it has a significant impact on the business environment, Sberbank continues providing traditional support to Russian and international business events aimed at facilitating exchanges of experience, developing international cooperation, attracting investors and increasing the economic appeal of the Russian Federation. In 2017 Sberbank was the partner of about30 business events.